Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thunderstorms

I was sitting here earlier and all of a sudden it started raining. I wasn't expecting it at all, because it was so nice earlier in the day, but I didn't pay too much attention to it because Sophie was sleeping on the couch, and Keisha was asleep in her crate.

All of a sudden I heard rumbling in the distance, and convinced myself it must be a train because the rain had either stopped, or calmed down a lot. Then there was a huge clap of thunder and the thunderstorms started!

I had been in the middle of doing laundry, so decided to wait a few minutes and see what happened before shutting off the washing machine, but I turned off the tv, and anything else that was on and unplugged my laptop. I wasn't in the mood for any type of freaky disaster tonight, and anyone who knows me knows what kind of magnet I am for weird, unexpected things happening to me!

There was quite a bit of thunder, and I knew there was lightening because the air felt really staticy. I was half expecting Keisha to start howling, or getting upset. She lets you know when she's unhappy about something believe me! Whenever the fire alarms go off, she will wait a few minutes and when they don't stop she sits down and howls the most mournful sounding howls you have ever heard!

Tonight, she just watched me, and slept! I was so surprised I didn't know what to do! I've come to expect this frome Sophie, but it's such a nice surprise when Keisha stays perfectly calm in a time like that. I just felt like I had to write about it.

We are suppose to have thunderstorms throughout the earlier part of the day, but seeing how they started around midnight, and were about eight hours early, I'm hoping we don't have any more. I'm planning on cleaning the kitchen today, and would like to open the patio door while I'm mopping the floor and things. It's so hot here now, and the air conditioning isn't working right. I think we may need new batteries. That will be a job for Julian when he gets back.

I guess Keisha just proved that she can be a nice calm dog when she wants to be!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP