Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hope I didn't wake the neighbours

It's funny how little things can turn into huge productions sometimes when you least expect it. I was just sitting here, as you do when you can't stand, reading a blog and Keisha had an accident in her crate. Of course I was in a hurry to clean it up before she stepped in it, and grabbed the bag that was behind me.

In my haste, I thought I would just open up the door of her crate, bend down and scoop up the offending deposit. No problem right? Wrong! I have very poor nearly non-existent balance. I took my feet off my footrest, so I could lean forward onto my legs, opened the door of the crate, leaned forward with bag on hand and reached out. That was probably the worst thing I could have done because my wheelchair started slipping out from under me and all of my weight was leaning into the floor.

With no hope of sitting upright in time, I slid forward, tipping the crate so the side closest to me lifted off of the floor. Of course me falling headfirst into the crate sent Keisha into a fit and she started jumping around thinking I was playing with her.

It's past midnight, and I had already yelled "ow" when my chin hit the crate mid fall, and then Keisha scratched my face, and I let out another "ow" loud enough to wake anyone within a hundred foot radius! I was too busy trying not to fall face first into a pile of fresh dog poo, and trying to get Keisha to calm down I didn't even realize how loud I was until after I had yelled.

For a few minutes I was fully expecting someone to knock on my door to see if everyone was still alive in here! I guess that's one way to keep life interesting!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP