Tuesday, May 20, 2008

No automatic doors around here

I thought I'd put a photo from Keisha's little puppy days on this post, because I don't have one of an automatic door button.

On my way back from the store this morning, I stopped by the front desk downstairs and asked the concierge if there were any automatic doors in these buildings. (The kind where you push a button and the door opens). I thought I would teach Keisha to push these buttons to open doors. Maybe not today, but at least I'd know where these doors were.

After thinking about it, he said there were none. He knew what I was talking about because he asked if I meant the doors where you push a botton to open them. When I thought about it more, I think the building next door might have some at their enterence. I'm not 100% sure, but I will find out later. If they do, I'll ask if I can use them to teach Keisha how to use them. I'm sure they won't mind as the buildings are connected because we all share the amenities here.

This building has the pool, spa, bbq area and basketball court, while the other one has the movie theatre, gym, billiards room, and party room. There are also another two buildings (one on either side of these two buildings) that are connected and use our facilities too. I'm sure out of all four buildings there is at least one automatic door! There is a button you have to press to open the door to get to the spa and pool area. That one is way too high for Keisha to reach though, and you still have to open the door yourself. It just unlocks the door for you. It's kind of pointless really because it's only locked from the other side so people from the other two buildings can't get into our building or the other one. It's only actually locked from the other side, and is opened using a keyfob that is programed to open the doors in the building where you are allowed to have access.

If there are no automatic doors close by, I'll have to put that training off until later. When I think about it, I can't remember where the automatic doors are in the places I've been!

1 comments:

Kim May 20, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

I just came back from the store for the second time today, and asked the two concierges that are working now if they knew about the automatic door situation around here.

They said there are none in these buildings, but the girl said that the Royal Bank on this street has one. The french guy couldn't believe it was so hard to find these doors.

When I was on my way to the elevators I heard them talking about how they couldn't believe they were so hard to find.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP