Saturday, October 20, 2007

I’ve chosen the puppy!

I emailed the breeder about which puppy I want tonight. I had been thinking about it for a few weeks now. There were four females and two males in the litter and I had already narrowed it down to the females from the very beginning. The reasoning behind this has nothing to do with one sex being better than the other when being trained, but I didn’t want a male puppy that would climb all over my current yellow lab guide dog, Sophie until I had the puppy neutered. I want the whole process to be as stress free as possible for her.

From the very beginning, I totally fell in love with the puppy in this photo! She was 6 weeks and 2 days old here. I thought about one of the other puppy’s as a possibility, but I still had a nagging feeling that if I never got the puppy in the photo I would always regret it and wonder where she was, how she was doing and what could have been if she was mine.

I received an email from the breeder yesterday asking if I was still interested in the these puppies because some people were going to see them on Sunday. This made me think even more about the puppy I wanted. The first thing I thought about was how I couldn’t let the puppy I really wanted all this time go. I knew then that I had to choose that puppy! I’ve spent nights thinking about that particular puppy, and something in the back of my mind just couldn’t shake the feeling that this was “the” puppy for me. I know that I have made the right decision and don’t have any regrets. I also know that if I sent the email to the breeder saying that I wanted the other puppy I was thinking about, I would have regreted it as soon as I’d hit the “send” button!

Now I just have to think of a name for the puppy! I can’t just keep calling her “the puppy” all her life! I’ve been looking for a “husky” name. A name that when you hear it, you think “husky”. If anyone has any ideas, I’d love to hear them!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP